The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (37 GC, Dusty53, sron48, Vice-Grip, Otto Skorzeny), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,610
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,293
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,293
Well I saved a wiper transmission on my '49. I had one with a bad knurled knob and another one with stripped threads. I made on good one out of two bad ones (another good reason for not throwing anything away).
I had to carefully grind the weld off of the opposite end of the shaft from the knurled end, cleaned up the parts, then put all of the good parts together and TIG weld the short arm back on to the shaft.
Works like new now for a whole lot less than $119.95 plus shipping for a new set.

Carl 'Knurled Knob' Knauer
And yes, you pronounce the "K" in Knauer.
And yes, I also pronounce ALL "K's" in all words which contain them.
What a colossal waste of time, energy, and ink to not pronounce a letter in a word.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 123
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 123
I know that's right.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0