| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,293 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,293 | Well I saved a wiper transmission on my '49. I had one with a bad knurled knob and another one with stripped threads. I made on good one out of two bad ones (another good reason for not throwing anything away). I had to carefully grind the weld off of the opposite end of the shaft from the knurled end, cleaned up the parts, then put all of the good parts together and TIG weld the short arm back on to the shaft. Works like new now for a whole lot less than $119.95 plus shipping for a new set.
Carl 'Knurled Knob' Knauer And yes, you pronounce the "K" in Knauer. And yes, I also pronounce ALL "K's" in all words which contain them. What a colossal waste of time, energy, and ink to not pronounce a letter in a word.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 123 | | | |
| |
| |