The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jon G, Youngin' Tut 59, Lightholder's Dad, Ponchogl, 3 invisible), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,384
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117586 08/30/2005 9:52 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 113
5
Member
Member
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 113
I need some help here. There are many reasonably priced sources for window assemblys for years up to 54 and from 55 forward, but only a few expensive sources with 54 window assemblys. So I was wondering if the doors from a 54 3100 half-ton were different from those of the 53 or 55? If not, why couldn't I save some dough and buy the 53 or 55 window assemblies and install them on my 54. Am I missing something?


Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller

1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver
1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bruce,

I think that all the vent-window assemblies from 1951 to 1955-1st are interchangeable. Someone will correct me, if I am wrong.

Tim

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
I bought a door from an earlier AD truck from a junker for my '54. It worked fine. There is no observable difference (at least to me) between the original '54 door and the earlier door. However, we had to convert the turn-down handle to a push button.

Therefore, I think you may be on to something. One of the experts here should be able to let you know for sure.


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0