The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,307
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
I am brand new to Stovebolt and need some help. I have a 1959 Chevy truck with a 3 speed manual overdrive transmission, 235 6 cyl engine. I know there are few, I haven't found any, original kickdown brackets but all I am looking for is what does the bracket(s) look like? I would appreciate someone posting a picture of the bracket(s) so I could begin fabricating them for my truck. If you have one on your 50s Chevy please take a moment and post a picture.

Thanks


1959 Chevy Apache Stepside Truck
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
The (1955) factory assembly manual R.P.O. 315 sheet 2.00 shows the KD switch, brackets & other OD detail. The factory switch bracket mounts to the carburetor. The throttle rod is correct in Dave's pictures.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
Thanks Fred, will look in manual.


1959 Chevy Apache Stepside Truck
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
Thanks Dave, the pictures are great and will go a long way to my fabrication process.


1959 Chevy Apache Stepside Truck
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
I ended up fabricating both the linkage tab and bracket from a drawing that Fred sent me a few years ago. It works just fine, even if it's not the stock, spot-welded affair. It uses cable pinch brackets to attach to the linkage.

Here are a few snapshots of the setup I made based on Fred's drawings:

Bracket Set

Another angle

Yet another...

Fabricated set

Tab end

Before the switch went on...


-Jim

Last edited by Fourbrads; 07/17/2016 11:52 PM.

1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside
235, 3-speed w/OD
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0