| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Bill Hanlon),
138
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,288 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | I just got my '47 AD on the road after a couple of years. It has been in the garage do I didn't have any reason to lock it. My son parked it on the street and locked the doors (one of the jobs being done over the last couple of years was replacing the window sweeps and rubber as well as one window channel) Now, the door won't open. The lock mechanism moves and I can feel the click to lock and unlock, but the door will not open. A roadside assist tow truck driver came by and tried with his tools but to no avail. Is there any suggestions as to how I can get the door open? I hope breaking the window is not my only option. Thanks in advance.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | I ended up taking the back window out. The weather strip was old and hard and would need to be replaced eventually. Now just have to figure out why the door latch isn't working properly.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | |
| |
| |