The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
K
Moderated
Moderated
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
gonna do a custom restoration on the Ole girl, she currently has the bone stock everything in her from the 235 to the 3.38 geared differentials, I'm looking for suggestions anywhere from color to what wood I should redo the bed out of town if I should rework the old steel panels or if I should replace off of lmc truck, I'm looking to drop a 383 stroker in it pushing close to 400 horse on pump gas and want ideas for what tranny to put between that and the Atlas transfer case, I want gearing that'll take me fast and I can gear down on the Atlas to take her slow, it'll need to be able to handle the torque from the stroker, I'm going carbeurated and want it as simple as possible electrically, give me your ideas, thoughts, I'm all ears.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
Are you wanting to run a manual or an auto trans?

I'm a big fan of the NV4500 if you want a manual.

Also, don't forget to go over and post an intro on the 'Welcome Centre' section of the forum. People always like that.

Welcome to Stovebolt!!!

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 6
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 6
Another vote for the NV4500 for manual. Or 4l80e for auto.

How fast is fast? Im not familiar with axles available in these trucks, do you plan to keep the stock axels? There are online calculators available for gear ratio and tire size. How big of a tire are you planning on running?

How bad is the old steel? I would try to rework it myself. But that depends on your time and skill level.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
61 k10 had 3.90 axle ratio. C10 did have a 3.38 ratio
ron


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0