| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 135 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 135 | I have a cable adjusted seat that has no cable and only a portion of the stacked pulleys remaining. The pulleys are frozen solid and literally rusted away. The front pulleys are good. Have any of you found a source for these pulleys or an alternative repair. Is the cable really needed? I'm hoping to make this my daily driver with some weekend Cruise Night appearances along with the Wife. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | I don't know anyone who drives their truck with the seat anywhere but in the fully back position. You should be able to figure out how to rig the seat so that it is locked into the fully rearward position. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 38 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 38 | I'm 5'7" (if I stand up straight), and my seat is always in the fully back position. I don't know how you taller guys can drive one of these without the steering wheel being an inch from your chest. I had a couple extra inches of padding added when I recovered the seat, so I'm sitting pretty comfy. I'd see if you really need to move it forward before I spent any time making the seat adjustable. | | |
| |
| |