The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, Phak1, tclederman, R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert), 141 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1171785 06/29/2016 9:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
I have a cable adjusted seat that has no cable and only a portion of the stacked pulleys remaining. The pulleys are frozen solid and literally rusted away. The front pulleys are good. Have any of you found a source for these pulleys or an alternative repair. Is the cable really needed? I'm hoping to make this my daily driver with some weekend Cruise Night appearances along with the Wife.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
I don't know anyone who drives their truck with the seat anywhere but in the fully back position. You should be able to figure out how to rig the seat so that it is locked into the fully rearward position.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
I'm 5'7" (if I stand up straight), and my seat is always in the fully back position. I don't know how you taller guys can drive one of these without the steering wheel being an inch from your chest. I had a couple extra inches of padding added when I recovered the seat, so I'm sitting pretty comfy. I'd see if you really need to move it forward before I spent any time making the seat adjustable.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0