The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
I have a '58 3200 with factory electric wipers. I have tested the motor and everything is great. I now need to wire it to the truck. I have the switch which grounds two wires for high and low speed operations. What I need to know is where the hot wire that goes directly to the motor would have tied in. The Factory Assembly Manual has a page for the '55-'57 electric wipers that are different from the '58. The '55-'57 pulls the hot from the hot side of the ballast resistor. That makes sense since it is probably the closest to the wiper motor and only on when the switch is on. However, it is not fused. I don't see a location on the fuse panel for wipers. Any idea how a '58 with factory electric wipers was originally wired?

Thanks,
Chad

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
if you have the 58 shop manual supplement, there should be a section about wipers in it - the factory fuse panel has a position labeled "ACC" [accessories], use it for power

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
the wires that come out of the wiper motor go to terminals on a board right on the wiper motor frame assembly. There should be a male spade terminal on that for the hot wire to plug onto. I think I can get a picture if needed but there should only be one terminal to plug the hot wire onto.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks guys.

I do have the shop manual, but I haven't checked it yet. I will take a look.

69Cuda, I have all the connectors on the board and have tested everything. I was specifically interested in where the wire that connects to the board for hot connects to the truck. It seems the answer is to use ACC on the fuse panel.

Thanks Again,
Chad

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
oh, sorry, I was thinking the motor end of the wire! yes, the other end should be hot when the key is on. (in the run or acc position). I am not 100% sure the label of the lug on the key switch.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0