| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
191
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 | I want to install the oil filter on my '54 3100 series PU. can someone here send me a layout showing the correct ports on the block to connect to. Does the oil pressure line tee off the line to the filter? I have a Fenton header so the original filter will be mounted to the firewall.The truck was disassembled when I got it. also , where can I reference the engine # ,0478860F54X3 so I know what I have. Thanks John Baker [email protected] | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 | Thanks, I appreciate the info. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | (I do not know what your "3" designates). Tim, I bet the 3 is a "B" making it a "XB" 3800 Series engine. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Thanks, Mike, I am packing for a move from NC to NY and did not spend enough time looking at the 1954 Chev Truck Ser Nos. Spec sheet. | | |
| |
| |