| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
137
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | What are you guys doing for rear shoes on the art deco 1.5 tons? Anyone know if shoes from the 50's are compatible? We used to have a local place that would re-line shoes, but now they require customers to bring their own material and rivets.
Thanks for your ideas in advance, Tom
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | Don't know how they match up size wise but I took the rear shoes off my 38 1.5 ton to Associated truck parts in New Castle, DE. I was told they did the shoes there but on calling them found they send them to the main branch. Hope to pick them up Monday if my back haul takes me by their shop. I have been told Fleetpride can do or get them done. If the front shoes need doing I may give them a call as they have a branch much closer to me. I do not know if Associated truck parts or Fleetpride are national or regional chains. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Thank you kb3csw. I'll investigate. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 914 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 914 | I would guess that if some 50's years still use the Huck brakes and the same size drums then it would be a good guess that they would fit. Jeffrey | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | Picked up my 38's rear shoes today. Shoe surface 18.5 by 3", 16" inner diameter of drum. new shoe material riveted not glued on, shoes cleaned and painted. $138 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 242 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 242 | Shoes from 1938-1950 are the same, I may have a set of new linings if you still need them. 1-262-392-2989 or [email protected]Marv. | | |
| |
| |