The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Robert Crandall, Bill Hanlon, TGP), 150 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1165073 05/13/2016 2:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
What are you guys doing for rear shoes on the art deco 1.5 tons? Anyone know if shoes from the 50's are compatible? We used to have a local place that would re-line shoes, but now they require customers to bring their own material and rivets.

Thanks for your ideas in advance,
Tom



When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Tomcoe #1165399 05/15/2016 2:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Don't know how they match up size wise but I took the rear shoes off my 38 1.5 ton to Associated truck parts in New Castle, DE. I was told they did the shoes there but on calling them found they send them to the main branch. Hope to pick them up Monday if my back haul takes me by their shop. I have been told Fleetpride can do or get them done. If the front shoes need doing I may give them a call as they have a branch much closer to me. I do not know if Associated truck parts or Fleetpride are national or regional chains.

Tomcoe #1165427 05/15/2016 7:52 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Thank you kb3csw. I'll investigate.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Tomcoe #1165488 05/15/2016 9:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 914
I would guess that if some 50's years still use the Huck brakes and the same size drums then it would be a good guess that they would fit.
Jeffrey

Tomcoe #1165915 05/18/2016 5:04 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Picked up my 38's rear shoes today. Shoe surface 18.5 by 3", 16" inner diameter of drum. new shoe material riveted not glued on, shoes cleaned and painted. $138

Tomcoe #1166179 05/20/2016 12:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
Shoes from 1938-1950 are the same, I may have a set of new linings if you still need them. 1-262-392-2989 or [email protected]

Marv.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0