The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Patharr, Gdads51, Shade Baby, DadsFirstPickup), 96 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,311
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 863
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 863
OK guys, I getting on my own nerves now!! dang I would like to find a supplier that manufactures or carries a full range of the original style split type hose clamps. Can find then in dribs "n" drabs on E-Pay, JC truck parts, Chevys of the 40's and Restoration Specialties, but they don't carry all sizes. These hose clamps from what I understand were used on GM vehicles from the 1940's through the early 1970's. Anyone have any ideas or now of a reliable supplier who carries all the sizes form heater hoses to radiator hoses?

Tim


"Pay attention to the details! It ALWAYS pays off."

1949 Chevrolet 3100 Series 1/2 ton Pickup
1964 Chevrolet C10 (Ol' Yella) (SOLD)
1958 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 door (SOLD)
1970 VW Beetle
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
I don't know if anyone reproduces them, but if you you do a search on eBay for vintage hose clamp in eBay parts and accessories you will find every size that GM used. Not only GM used them. We kept a large supply of them at our gas stations before the worm gear type came out and there are a lot of nos ones around.

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Search for "Jeep" parts instead, or that's what a military Jeep restorer I know told me to do.
Omix-Ada 17115.03
Omix-Ada 17115.04 Amazon search

Apparently in the Military Jeep restoration world, using the worm drive (new style) clamps is a huge no-no. Using the worm drive clamps may be a huge no-no in our restoration world, as well, but I don't know anything about that (but I completely understand the difference).

Brad



Wrench Fetcher, PhD

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0