.....and that is recommend a product sold by Harbor Freight. I saw a post by a club member over on the VCCA site about an ultrasonic cleaner be bought from Harbor Freight. He's used it for a while and had no issues.
I've shopped for a cleaner for some time and found those large enough to do any good are quite expensive. The one from HF holds 2.5 liters of solution which is huge for an ultrasonic cleaner. It won't do a crankshaft but it'll clean small parts really well.
Mine arrived yesterday and we've already used it a number of times with great success. For many items you don't even need to add a soap or other cleaner, just water. I put clean water in it, turned it on then dipped my watch bracelet into the water & the crud just exploded out of the nooks & crannies like a fog.
With a 20% coupon you can get this one for just over $60 plus shipping which is really cheap. For the money I highly recommend this cleaner.
<CLEANER>