| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (Gdads51, greenie-reddy, Simso, Joe H, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, Peggy M, Oswald, Jon G, 1 invisible),
172
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 18 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 18 | Well tommorow frame gets wheeled over to our paint shop for a new look. I hope 10 days of sanding, cleaning, sanding, cleaning down to bare metal will produce a good lookin chassis. I plan on spraying in the am when nobody is around for "advice". Wife has decided on color of body BLACK. Just trying to think on how to incorporate a Pepsi logo on a black body. Suggestions ? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Good luck to you. You're building a '56? What kind of paint are you using? Also, we want to see pictures!!  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 18 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 18 | Well, as a I stood in the shop this a.m. and drank a cup of coffee and had a cig., I saw some areas that I wasn't quite pleased with. So I stripped some more, sanded down with a grinder, and power washed the entire frame all over again. By 5:00, it was looking much better than before. So looks like tommorow I'll coat the chassis. As for paint, I plan on using the same chassis paint we put on our tractor-trailer frames. I know one thing it's a hard finish when it cures. Re-tains it's finish really well. I'll try to post up some pics, for you guys to see here right soon. (I just gotta figure it out)
Jase | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | Woo hoo! Pictures! We love pictures. -W | | |
| |
| |