Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,714 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 | I've been a lurker for some time here, and have been finally able to bring my project home. As I am trying to figure where I want to go with this project, I am looking at random items and parts that I need along the way. So with that being said... Where do you guys get parts for these rigs? The front windshield has some cracks, and most of the seals have rotted away. Thank you for your time, I still have lots, and LOTS to learn. Enjoy the pics: http://s896.photobucket.com/user/fishguy9/library/1946%20COE
1946 Chevy 2-Ton COE
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | Sweet looking old truck! is your windshield flat? If so, you should be able to get it and the rest of the glass cut at a glass shop that specializes in older rigs. They may be able to order some rubber for you as well. Napa or Rock Auto should have brake parts (at least wheel cylinders and/or kits and hoses.) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Intake manifold probably has updraft carb, ex manifold different, too, most everything else same as conventional.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 21 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 21 | HiYa Dan, Nice to see another 1941-46 COE! Mines a 43. Let us know what you need. I Have some mechanical engine/trans takeoff parts and not much else available.
Proud caretaker of U.S.A. truck 3219442-S 1943 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine 1 1/2 Ton 4x4
| | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 135 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2009 Posts: 135 | Dan, All your glass is flat so it can be cut locally at an auto glass shop. It is usually not too expensive. All rubber is the same as conventional trucks. Go to Jim Carter truck parts in Independence MO. 816 833 1913 He has a large selection of Chevy and GMC stuff. We have 4 of these trucks. My Dad bought one of them in 1950. It has been around for all of my life that I remember. It was our farm truck, hauling horses, cattle, hogs, sheep, wool, grain, hay, milk, rock, coal, firewood, logs, tractors, machinery, and whatever else needed moving. I can remember hauling my 4-H calf to the fair in the mid 60's. The truck was big and ugly and probably even at the tender age of only 20 years old, was something the other kids had never seen. It was a total hoot for me. I don't recall if my steer enjoyed his one and only truck ride.
Mike | | |
| |