Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 219 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 219 | Hello all,
Does anyone have any pictures of the original V8 linkage, still in the truck with the throttle cable installed?
Thanks in advance | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 | It would have been a rod from the pedal not a cable, http://www.hollisterroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=1013the tabs bolt to the outer firewall with the short rod going to the inside of the cab and the long rod to the carb | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | the question is regarding the hand throttle connection to the foot pedal mechanism
Bill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 | You're talking the steel cable that attaches to the arm, right? I don't have a photo and I missed a chance to take one. If you get one, let me know. If I can find one, I'll let you know too.
1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I have a couple pictures loaded in this photobucket file. The repro linkage is missing the Throttle Cable Arm. The cable comes through the firewall and turns straight down to connect with the linkage arm. When the cable is pulled out at the dash it pulls up on the linkage arm which in turn pulls the gas pedal linkage back as if you stepped on the gas pedal. http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...%201_zpspjzdgrv9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2Hope these pictured help. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 | I remember the one I saw had a swedge on the end.
1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I believe they have an adjustable barrel clamp. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 | Yes, you are right. It did look like a barrel, I didn't give it a hard look to see how it was affixed to the cable, which I should have done. I assumed it was swedged on. I hope they are available so I can connect my cable to the arm on my linkage.
Last edited by Cablesmill; 03/24/2016 7:59 PM.
1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Yup, they will work just fine, just confirm the cable size before ordering them (1/16" might be to small, maybe 1/8"?). A good hardware store may have them in there misc nut/bolt drawers as well. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 336 | 69Cuda: Those would work.
1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | you can search Ebay for wire stop, or take a bolt or other piece of round stock (aluminum would probably work fine as well) and make one. Easier to drill the hole for the cable in a lathe but, you could make one in a few minutes and get it done!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Throttle-Brake-Cable-Wire-Stop-Fits-Vintage-Mini-Bikes-Predator-212cc-/181077190696?hash=item2a290aa828:g:ZFEAAOSwaNBUb3z2 | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 219 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 219 | Bingo! Thanks a lot guys!
Hopefully I will be able to get cracking on this thing soon! | | |
| |