The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count), 79 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Can anyone tell me what size, style or shape of bolt/clips are used to attach the grill to the fenders on the top corners? I can't find anything in the assembly/ shop manuals to tell me what we need to get this grill installed. As always, thanks for your help! Bill


When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I hate to see no one responded but it may be they are unsure of exactly where you mean? Can you post a picture of the area you are referring to?

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7
This may not be much help but I just put together my front clip last weekend on a 47. I think you're referring the two holes next to the headlight that attached to the grill. When I removed it they were not bolts but screws with hex heads...3/8 maybe. I bought a bolt kits from classic parts for the front clip and it came with these same screws and they worked nicely.
Hope this helps.
-Nate

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
No pictures, but a step by step with a description of the fasteners as you go: http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm1107.htm
There are a lot of bits that hold this part in place. Some sheet metal screws with a hex head and some bolts, nuts and washers. Kind of location specific, but not too hard to figure out. Radiator support, fenders, and braces, as well as splash guards. All of these, and the inner fenders come together. Add the hood latch and you can get confused. Take some pictures so we can see. You will get better responses if you do.


Steve H

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0