The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (mick53, 1955 1 Series, klhansen, Shade Baby), 101 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
Anyone know off the top of their heads what years and models I can scavenge a spring hanger from? My 53 3800's passenger side front of rear hanger has an oversize hole in the outer end. New pins and bushings and I didn't notice it until I was putting it back together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o395ydea53fltlo/HANGER.jpg?dl=0

Need to know what derelict frames to look for.

Thanks,
Larry W.


1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
Stumbling through the parts catalog at:

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/1929_57chevyparts/57cmpc0571.htm

It would appear that they interchange from 36-55 on 3600, 3800 and Utility, whatever utility is. Also no mention of driver vs. passenger. Universal, side to side? I am not in front of it.

But no idea if I am reading that right.

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks,

Larry W.


1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I'm sure 1948-1953 3/4 through 2 ton. Likely more years but You'd have to look it up to confirm.

Oh, all 4 rear hangers are the same


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
Ok,
So all rears are same on those years, 3/4 up. Cool.

P.S. Been off line for a while. My mother passed away.

Thanks,

Larry W.


1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Sorry to hear that Larry. My condolences


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
Thanks green.

Appreciate it.

Last edited by Mrf1002u; 03/01/2016 12:51 AM.

1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
I might have one diced up a 58 frame.


1959 Chevy Viking 60 & Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery


See I told you it would work. That Beaver Cleaver will do anything.....
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by cdandelivery
I might have one diced up a 58 frame.

Thanks. I should be getting one in the mail today.

Larry


1953 3800 Dually Flatbed

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0