| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,261 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | Anyone know off the top of their heads what years and models I can scavenge a spring hanger from? My 53 3800's passenger side front of rear hanger has an oversize hole in the outer end. New pins and bushings and I didn't notice it until I was putting it back together. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o395ydea53fltlo/HANGER.jpg?dl=0Need to know what derelict frames to look for. Thanks, Larry W.
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | Stumbling through the parts catalog at: http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/1929_57chevyparts/57cmpc0571.htmIt would appear that they interchange from 36-55 on 3600, 3800 and Utility, whatever utility is. Also no mention of driver vs. passenger. Universal, side to side? I am not in front of it. But no idea if I am reading that right. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks, Larry W.
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I'm sure 1948-1953 3/4 through 2 ton. Likely more years but You'd have to look it up to confirm.
Oh, all 4 rear hangers are the same | | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | Ok, So all rears are same on those years, 3/4 up. Cool.
P.S. Been off line for a while. My mother passed away.
Thanks,
Larry W.
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | Sorry to hear that Larry. My condolences | | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | Thanks green.
Appreciate it.
Last edited by Mrf1002u; 03/01/2016 12:51 AM.
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 60 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 60 | I might have one diced up a 58 frame.
1959 Chevy Viking 60 & WreckerIn the Stovebolt GallerySee I told you it would work. That Beaver Cleaver will do anything..... | | | | | Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2015 Posts: 273 | I might have one diced up a 58 frame. Thanks. I should be getting one in the mail today. Larry
1953 3800 Dually Flatbed
| | |
| |
| |