| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,459 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 20 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 20 | Hello Stovebolters…
Someone in this forum should know the answer to this mystery:
Is the accelerator lever bracket shown in the 55-59 Factory Assembly Manual different from what Chevy actually produced?
Specifically, on RPO 408, Sheet 8.0, Accelerator Lever Bracket (#3724091) is shown. I have been scouring the country looking for this part. The OEM brackets I have located do not look like or mount like the part shown in the manual. Therefore, is it possible Chevy could have used a different part to accomplish the same thing, or should I just keep looking?
Any help or discussion on the topic would be helpful.
Marc
Love is blind᠁.but the neighbors ain't!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Yes that's it except everyone I've seen has a different firewall retainer. The one's I've seen have two feet, one bent to the left and one bent to the right with one bolt hole on each foot. The repo are very close, but the retainer has the holes drilled with the wrong hole centers. I took mine apart and made a new retained so I didn't have to drill the firewall. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | haven't seen an original that looks exactly like the bracket #3724091 in the FAM, all [both] have been as Mike sez, 'feet' facing outward - but then, the ones I've seen were 57/8 .... keep in mind that the FAM was for 55 only, doesn't show any subsequent changes that may have been made - the date on that sheet is July 1955, about when actual 2nd series trucks appeared .... the repro ones I've installed fit the firewall holes, but that was later models that might have seen running changes, and the repros may heve been copied from a later item, the firwall stampings changed slightly in 58
I'd say if you're fixated on finding an original, rather than fabbing your own, it'd have to be from a 55 only, don't count on any later years being the same
Bill | | |
| |
| |