The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,294
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
Looking for input as to the quality and fit of the complete exhaust system from Chevys of the 40's. I saw a post on VCCA website that did not sound too positive. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
I got the pipes but not the complete kit. Fit was OK (only slight tweak required). The header pipe bends were tighter and more restrictive-looking than original. Shipping charge was astronomical, so I wouldn't buy them again (to be fair, they did warn me about the shipping price, but I ordered anyway since I had already thrown out the originals).

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
Do you have the original exhaust pipes that can be copied? I took my 39 to a friends wheel, tire and exhaust shop. He custom bent aluminized exhaust pipes to match my original exhaust. That was six years ago and I don't see any rust on them yet.

Rick


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
No only the head pipe. I have a good shop that can do a nice job, but original? The price would be about the same but it would be easier to just bolt it on if the quality is up to par. Scott


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0