| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,282 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | Looking for input as to the quality and fit of the complete exhaust system from Chevys of the 40's. I saw a post on VCCA website that did not sound too positive. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | I got the pipes but not the complete kit. Fit was OK (only slight tweak required). The header pipe bends were tighter and more restrictive-looking than original. Shipping charge was astronomical, so I wouldn't buy them again (to be fair, they did warn me about the shipping price, but I ordered anyway since I had already thrown out the originals). | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 583 | Do you have the original exhaust pipes that can be copied? I took my 39 to a friends wheel, tire and exhaust shop. He custom bent aluminized exhaust pipes to match my original exhaust. That was six years ago and I don't see any rust on them yet.
Rick
1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | No only the head pipe. I have a good shop that can do a nice job, but original? The price would be about the same but it would be easier to just bolt it on if the quality is up to par. Scott | | |
| |
| |