The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
Hideho all,
Anyone have information on the original configuration of valve covers, air cleaner, and hoses on a 1967 327 2bbl? PO was a tractor mechanic and did a bunch of "modifications" over the years, not all of them being successful. I would like to get things back to what they should be. I have a diagram for hose routing on a Caprice , not much help cause it is all different from anything on this truck
Thanks!

Last edited by mac67; 03/23/2016 12:33 AM.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
http://www.autozone.com/repairguide...AMS/VACUUM-DIAGRAMS/_/P-0900c1528007dbe6 Best I could find! searched for 2 hours! A lot of wiring diagrams,Not much on Vacuum!! Same thing with my T.F. '55 Chevy 2-ton! I bought a Truck Shop Manual,and there was nothing in it for the hydrovac or the 2-speed vacuum plumbing! The "brake" side of the hydrovac was covered,but Not the vacuum routing! The only "problem" I had was when I attached my 2-speed lines.I had them switched. Button "Up" is "Hi","Down" is "Lo". I switched the lines at the diaphragm,and it worked as it should.


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
Thanks, Thought it was just me....The valve covers have both had half inch copper pipe brazed into a hole cut and hoses routed to the same kind of setup to the underside of the air cleaner housing. Manifold has a plugged rubber tube just to the left side in front of the carb and vacuum hoses...?

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
If you google "1967 C50 327" and click on images, there are a couple of pictures of 327s and their hose routing. May give you some clues.

SimS

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
So I have figured out that there is no PCV valve in the system...there is one hose run from each valve cover to the underside of the air cleaner housing. It has a breather cap on the oil fill tube up front and a bolt in a rubber hose in the vacuum fitting in the manifold in front of the carb. (2BBL)
Seems like this would just be sucking crankcase gases directly into the carb. How should this be properly set up. I have a replacement OEM air cleaner housing in a box and it has no hols in the bottom for any fittings. What to do?
On a positive note I got the hoses to the bed hydraulics replaced today and she lifted to the sky for the first time in 20 years.....


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0