| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (39Master85, JW51),
129
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,468 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 12 | Hello All,
I have a 1939 JC 1/2 ton and am trying to get the part number of any of the several speed bleeders made. I searched, but only found that information for the later trucks and I do not know if it is the same. If anyone knows the size and thread pitch, that could work too (is it 3/8 x 24?). I appreciate your help as I am trying to avoid having to go to the parts store or online order a part while the truck is on stands.
Thanks again, j
Last edited by Crazy j; 02/25/2016 5:27 AM.
'39 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 19 | Would suggest taking one of your old bleeders to your favorite auto parts store and let them measure the thread, so you get the right speed bleeder. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | ..and when he gets home he'll have brake fluid all over the shop floor. | | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 574 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2012 Posts: 574 | not if he uses a tray underneath
1949 Dodge Coronet 1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton 1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton 1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton 1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton 1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline 1968 Chevy P20 stepvan 1969 GMC LWB pickup 1972 GMC Sprint 1974 CP30 shorty bus There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the responses, guys. I can remove the bleeder screw and check the size and thread pitch in my garage, but I am hoping just to get the right parts and do the job without interruption to go buy parts. Leaking brake fluid would be annoying too, though I suppose it'll be leaking from the wheel cylinder when I change the bleeder screws, so . . .
Last edited by Crazy j; 02/24/2016 9:08 AM.
'39 1/2 ton
| | |
| |
| |