The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nick in Manitou, Oswald, MRMEROTH11, 1 invisible), 137 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1147881 02/02/2016 7:55 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
I have the '54-'59 wiper arms and '54 wiper blades on my '50. Anyone know if there are better blades for these arms than what the vendors are offering?

Last edited by 52Carl; 02/02/2016 7:55 PM.

1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 212
On my 58 I had the 12 inch blade from obsolete Chevrolet. They lasted about 5 years with no use, just dry rotted on the truck. I found replacements at Oreilly auto parts. It is the classic trico 12 inch blade Part number 33-122.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I use Anco P/N 05325, stk no. 20-12.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
Thank you cletis!
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 134
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 134
I don't know if this will work on your arms but I was tired of how newer blades fit on the Anco 41-01 arms I have on my 52. So I went to the junkyard and pulled the arms off of a 90 something chevy pickup and cut the ends off. Then I tapped them and screwed them to the arms I have. Now I can use the new style wipers.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by chadkiser
I don't know if this will work on your arms but I was tired of how newer blades fit on the Anco 41-01 arms I have on my 52. So I went to the junkyard and pulled the arms off of a 90 something chevy pickup and cut the ends off. Then I tapped them and screwed them to the arms I have. Now I can use the new style wipers.
Nice mod! I have a TIG welder, so I can weld those parts together.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
I used a complete Austin/Rover cable drive set up on mine with spindle adaptors from a series one Land Rover with stainless wiper arms and blades.
I re-drilled the spring mount to increase the spring tension and they work just fine,even in west Scotland.
A dab of Rain-X always helps too.
(P.S. We do get a lot of the wet stuff.)


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0