The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (68ironhead, Otto Skorzeny, Jerry 53), 72 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
I managed to get my old adjusters to loosen up and work as designed, but I just don't have the cross bar that goes between them. My shop manual does not have a good picture and I can't find it in the Assembly manual.

Can someone send me a pic (.jpg) of what your cross linkage bar looks like? I'm thinking I may be able to fabricate one out of aluminum bar or rod from the local hardware store.

shoeless

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
what YEAR truck?

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
Sorry about that ....... it is a '52 1/2 ton.
TGIF

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Hey shoeless,
Maybe later today I can shoot mine and send you a pic. If you don't see anything, send me a friendly reminder email. Today I'm hauling (my truck is actually) big ole chunks of flagstone for our backyard remodel.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Shoeless-

Check these bench seat pics out. Ray was nice enough to post them.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
Thanks for posting the photos men. Apparently there was a design change in '52 because my adjusters do not resemble those, and do not have any cables or pulleys. There should be a single rod or bar that goes from one to the other that disengages the locking mechanism on the passenger side. Each seat adjuster slides via 2 sets of side mounted bearings and there are 5 different adjustment settings.

shoeless

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Gm changed seat adjuster just about as often as they changed spare tire carriers. Since this is more of an Interiors question I am going to transfer it over there.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0