The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1142646 01/03/2016 4:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox
Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Does anyone have a picture of the stock park lights for a 53 GMC? the lights that came with the the truck aren't original. I am having troubles finding the lights for it. LMC, Chevs of the 40's, etc all carry the lenses but I am specifically looking for the "bucket" that bolts to the inside of the fender.
Perhaps my catalogs are outdated.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
They look like this, not reproduced as far as I know but very similar lights were offered as back-up lights by other GM divisions and some model years of Chevrolet's.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/9146431531/in/album-72157631868452754/
These are back-up examples, apologize as I don't remember the exact year on these.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/14161456811/in/album-72157631868452754/
1950-52 Car.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/18875383540/in/album-72157631868452754/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/23843745790/in/album-72157631868452754/

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
I think they are being reproduced, same as the Corvette,
more than a little pricey:
http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-11158-corvette-park-lightturn-signal-assembly-1955-1957.aspx

dg


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
Hi fox,
I was having the same trouble finding these lights. I borrowed an assembly from someone, and am in the process of reproducing them in stainless. If you are interested in getting a set let me know, and I will keep you informed of progress. i am far from needing them on my build, so it may may take some time. I have already made a set out of aluminum to prove out my design. I can add some pics of the aluminum parts to show you my progress. I am a machinist by trade, so I have done a lot of custom parts for myself as well as others. The lenses are available. If you don't want the stainless I could send out aluminum parts and you could either have them anodized, or paint them.

Last edited by MOTOXFAMILY; 01/13/2016 4:44 AM.

1950 Gmc 100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0