The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Ponchogl), 224 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1141580 12/28/2015 3:25 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
I am wanting to use a dual master cylinder on my 46 with stock peddles,who makes a kit for this with a booster? I have found it for a 47 and up.Will they work on the 46.my peddle bracket bolt to the transmission and bel housing if I remember correct.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
It might help to know the size of your truck...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
It is a 3/4 ton but going to a IFS front suspension with disc brakes.

Last edited by metal shaper; 12/28/2015 3:18 PM.
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
TCI has one listed [part # 632-6510-00] in their catalog but I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for ..... I plan to use it on my 46 3/4 ton with IFS but haven't spoken with them about compatibility

lane


sweetpealane
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
I've seen these done by adding a longer push rod from pedal bracket, then mounting the dual mstr cyl of your choice. You will need to fab a mount for the new mstr cyl aft of your stock bracket. Best of luck


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
Thanks ,I thought I would have to fab up something,but was hoping that there might be a bolt on available.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by JiMerit Boltr#43
I've seen these done by adding a longer push rod from pedal bracket, then mounting the dual mstr cyl of your choice. You will need to fab a mount for the new mstr cyl aft of your stock bracket. Best of luck
You have a nice truck,It is similar to the direction I want to go.I am interested in your carb set up.I have a 235 that I want to put dual carbs on.I also have a Howard cam,and Fenton headers for it.I am not looking to make a lot of power,but want that old school look and hot rod sound.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
46forme sent me some pictures a long time a go....don't remember seeing him around lately.....but here is an older thread that may help....have fun and good luck
Dan

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by Chev4t6
46forme sent me some pictures a long time a go....don't remember seeing him around lately.....but here is an older thread that may help....have fun and good luck
Dan
Thanks for the link,This is will help with my install.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
metal shaper

I'm still around, just not as much as before. If you still need some pictures shoot me an email. I'm on vacation right now so it may be a few days before I get back to you.

George
46forme
[email protected]

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by 46forme
metal shaper

I'm still around, just not as much as before. If you still need some pictures shoot me an email. I'm on vacation right now so it may be a few days before I get back to you.

George
46forme
[email protected]

I found a link to your pics I believe. I am looking at what others have done and have some ideas of my own. Thanks.

Last edited by cletis; 01/07/2016 4:11 PM.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
I have been active in the "Big Bolt" area as I am working on a first series 1947 GMC (EC-302) 1.5 ton dump truck. However, what is going on with this chat is interesting to me. Do any of you guys have ideas on fitting a dual master cylinder and 11" vac. booster to my truck that will otherwise be stock? It is my intent to update the original brakes and end up with a more safe and modern feeling brake pedal. I can get around the idea of the master cylinder bracket but fitting the 11" booster may pose me a problem or two. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Al


smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Do a google search on remote mount vacuum booster. First saw these on the small 55-57 T-Birds where the factory master cylinder is in stock location but the power unit is up front by the radiator. We usually put the booster/master cylinder in the trunk on the really cramped cars of the 30's but it can be mounted anywhere. Easy to service and still have the factory access to the stock master cylinder. Sometimes we have had to go to a bigger bore in the factory cylinder to give the slave cylinder on the booster enough stroke. On a 30 Plymouth we ran a long rod back to a power unit that was mounted just in front of the rear end. Put the rod eye at the pedal on the opposite side of the pivot shaft so it pulled and then a bell crank on the frame just in front of the power unit so the rod that pushed was short while the long rod from pedal to bell crank pulled. A rod that pulls does not have to be any bigger that the short factory rod that pushed. Worked great.


















Evan
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
Evan,
Is it possible that you have a picture or two of the system you describe? I was thinking I could build a bracket that would move the master cylinder and booster assembly back a couple of feet, allowing room for the assembly that is not available in the current factory position. That way i envision just a longer push rod for the master cylinder. Your idea, however is a possibility to just move back the vac. booster.
Al


smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0