The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Peggy M), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,182
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1141649 12/28/2015 6:56 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
I have two of these rims that were on my '59 when I got it and was wondering if they came from the factory or were put on later, if not when would they have been produced, and are they worth keeping?

Richard wink


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek



Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
Are they worth keeping ?

That's a subjective question , depends on who is interested in them .

I just drove 100 miles to get a pair , I wish they had been closer , I also wish they had been cheaper , but I REALLY wanted them smile

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Just spent $225 to amass a set of 17". Yes worth keeping to trade, sell, barter or a start to your own set.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
thanks guys, I may see if I can clean them up. I might need to use them to trade locally in the future, it's like old truck currency!!!!! grin


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek



Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
15" inch artillery rims were used be GM from approximately 1937 through 1942 on 3/4 ton trucks. During those years, the 3/4 ton trucks use a six bolt pattern, same as 1/2 tons.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
Those artillery rims in 15" have been the most sought after item for us truck nuts for many many years now. I'm just glad I picked up mine when they were relatively cheap. Now there are repops being sold, everybody want's them.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 583
My 39 3/4 ton stake has the original 15" artillery rims, including the spare. They look great. The only draw back is they are a pain to clean. I've seen them on sale occasionally from $100-$250 a rim.

Rick


1939 Chevrolet Stake Truck

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0