| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,354 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 | I need a fuel tank for my 1947 2-Ton, Options? No mounts or tank every thing got robbed I guess for another truck.
1947.2 Chevy 2-Ton 161". Motor- 1962 235cid
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 | If you are trying for a faithful restoration, post on the parts wanted and and do web searches and You'll find one.
If not, a tank shop can make you one that will look a lot better than the original (seriously ugly}. I did a tank on one side and a matching storage box in the other. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 120 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 120 | I have a 47 1.5 ton. I dont know if you have Isuzu trucks over there. I found a mid size isuzu truck tank that had the same mounting centres (400mm I recall), baffles in the tank at the right place for the mounts, and dimensionally it was a couple of inches shorter end to end but only about 10mm out height and width. i could have used the Isuzu mounts but the Chev ones were perfect with about ten minutes smithing. So it may pay to have a look around a wrecker. I unwound the nichrome wire off the chev fuel gauge sender, rewound the Isuzu one with it- that was a mission but it worked. The filler cap was in a different place, but fine, and its locking cap sealed nicely. I ran a new tube for the vent up to the underside of the deck and down behind, all good.
'47 Canadian RHD 1.5 ton truck
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 | Don't you love it when a plan comes together! Nice job hunting one down and making it fit!! How bout a pic of your 47?
1947 GMC Truck 5 window, Long Bed 2008 Corvette Roadster 2008 Harley Davidson FXDL 2011 F150 Ecoboost 4X4 2015 Subaru Outback AWD "only the strong survive"
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 | Don't you love it when a plan comes together! Nice job hunting one down and making it fit!! How bout a pic of your 47? Who's Plan? I am still for a fuel tank and or ideas on how to mount one. Can some please post a picture of an orginal setup?
1947.2 Chevy 2-Ton 161". Motor- 1962 235cid
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 | Thank You Mr Grigg. Is the Big Bolt tank the same as the 1-ton fuel tank?
1947.2 Chevy 2-Ton 161". Motor- 1962 235cid
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Thank You Mr Grigg. Is the Big Bolt tank the same as the 1-ton fuel tank? If mounted outside the frame I bet they are the same, and likely same if mounted inside the frame but I am not sure. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 36 | Jim Carter has this set-up. Looks complete I'm not sure how the gas cap would attach. Clamp on or or maybe have it tigged inplace.
http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cart/product.asp?prodid=MEG159&i=10525|||||
Thank you for the Photo's
Last edited by Farm Dawg; 12/09/2015 7:26 PM.
1947.2 Chevy 2-Ton 161". Motor- 1962 235cid
| | |
| |
| |