The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, tclederman, Gray_Ghost, 2 invisible), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
Specifically looking to get the dimension that the rear fenders (for a 3/4 ton box) hang below the bedsides. Both at the front and rear of the fender(equal distance I think.)

I only have the bedside and fender to measure from. I do not have the running board or apron yet. Although it would be helpful also to know where the front of the fender starts in relation to the front of the bedside so the running board will be correct when I find one. Thanks. 641Workmaster

Last edited by 641Workmaster; 12/01/2015 9:24 PM.

1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
641,
I don't have my fenders currently mounted but can you center the fenders by using the bedside bolt holes? That would get you reasonably close. And if needed you could lower or raise your bed blocks as needed. I replaced my entire bed(Mar-K) and am using fiberglass rear fenders and running boards. Aprons are metal. I mocked mine up with C-clamps and spring clamps then removed for paint. Hope this helps. Have fun and good luck.
Dan

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
Chev4t6,
I could if the fenders I'm using actually were meant for the truck. What I have are extra fenders that fit a 1 ton pickup. The design and size is a little different so I have to fabricate an intermediate piece. The fenders have more wheel arch and are larger overall. I'll probably pretty tight to the top of the bed I'm thinking. Kyle


1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0