| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,355 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 20 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 20 | Will a 216 manifold work on a 235 engine? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | You will need stepped up alignment rings.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | You will lose some power. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Saying it will loose power is not quite accurate. It will actually have more low end power, but not as much at top end. I have used many 216 manifolds on 235's and they work great.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I found no step rings on my 50
Probably ran that way for many years.
I did later add them
Just saying.....as they say | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | I found no step rings on my 50
Probably ran that way for many years.
I did later add them
Just saying.....as they say I'm with you on that. I ran my first 216 without any alignment rings at all with no issues. I think I just got lucky on aligning the manifolds on the head. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Using the sleeves sure makes it easier when installing it unless you've got two extra hands. Mostly though, it's much better insurance against vacuum leaks. dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 20 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2015 Posts: 20 | Thanks guys. That's a great help. | | |
| |
| |