The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (stlcardinalsguy, Otto Skorzeny), 138 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,510
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Hello guys ,you will be seeing me on your forum quite a bit ,I have lots of ???, I got this rust free stocker, from a guy that found it in storage in norther ca, he did a quick flip, and made lots of $$$! From me , I pay a fair price for it ,so I am happy ,
Thanks for the invite, see you on the road

Here are the Photobucket pictures.

Last edited by Peggy M; 02/07/2016 12:38 AM.

59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt old55guy. You are indeed a lucky man to get a rust free stocker and you'll find your lucky in knowing you can get your questions answered right here on the bolt.
The best advice for your questions is to ask them in the most appropriate garage forums for instance, engine ??'s in Engine Forum, paint/body ??'s in the Paint and Body Forum.
Tons of knowledge here and great bolters to help you out. Be sure to visit the gallery pics, tech tips and other goodies.

### You will be "moderated" for your first 4 posts which simply means until you have made 4 post you will not be able to send PM's (private messages) until then. After the 4 post you enjoy any/all things Stovebolt has to offer. You will also find many Ca. bolters here so you'll be in good company and may have some living close by. Good luck and check out the picture posting thing down in the left bottom of this page.
See ya around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site, glad you found a rust free truck. They are quite scarce here. Is this truck road worthy?

Leo

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Truck needs brakes, runs great, I'm thinking I should put a duel master cyclinder on it for safety ? Will keep stock drums for now ,has the stock 230? Six , would like to put power steering on it , here's the ???? I"m going to drive it ,so do I modifie or keep all stock ?


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
old55guy, boy, its great to know you can drive'em and work on them at the same time. Your a lucky man!

I know they make power steering kits for your model pickup. You may want to check the vendors as most of them carry them.

Around here we feel its YOUR truck and you can do what you like with it. However, if a nice original truck comes your way its nice to keep it original and find one that is not for all the custom work.
We do recognize safety issues should be address for sure....and some change to a bigger engine, add power steering, and change the rear end to a highway gear yet keeping the truck basically looking original. I think I fit into that category, especially seeing I drug home basket cases!

Be sure to drop by the garage forums with questions. The guys in those forums can give you more ideas, and opinions, than you can shake a stick at.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
Old55guy;

Welcome aboard. I was able to find a complete/original (all except a 250 in place of the original 235) Suburban. I'm with Alvin. I think we have a duty to preserve a complete/original vehicle when we find one. Once you go through the suspension and brake components thoroughly, I think you'll find that power steering isn't necessary. A "freshened up" and well adjusted front suspension is not that hard to drive. I can't fault you for wanting a dual master cylinder. That is something I need to do on my Burb when I get back to the states.

Also, look at the banner on the left side of this page. At the bottom is link to the "posting images in the Stovebolt Forums" instructions. It does a good job laying out how to put links to pictures in your posts. Do that and let us see what you got.


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 109
M
MFW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 109
Sounds like a nice truck. It would be a shame to modify such a stock truck. But then again its your truck. Have fun and enjoy it.

MFW


1950 GMC 100

1954 GMC 470

1954 Chevy 3100 Hydramatic
In the Stovebolt Gallery



More pix on Flickr

1957 Ford 850 Tractor (video)
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Thanks guys ,sorry no pics,not so easy for me, I would like to say hello to any Stovebolters in
SACTO ? I"ll be around


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Kinda bummed,posting pictures on here ,will be quite a challenge for me , so I give up ! I"ll be on this site as a Lurker , lots of information here !


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
old55guy, I sent you a PM. Please read.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12
You can do it, nothing to it

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
ok guys here some pics the pic of the seat is what i want from a 89 chevy
http://s446.photobucket.com/user/1old55guy/library/

Last edited by old55guy; 01/06/2016 3:11 AM. Reason: test

59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
You struck gold with that one. Nice truck!! Get the brakes squared away and drive the heck out of it. I think you'll fall in love with stock truck.


Thanks

Larry

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0