| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,496 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 | I have a 51 2-ton that has the origianl 20" wheels on 10 lug pattern. I found a set of 22.5" wheels off of a 57 4400. Just trying to confirm it is the same lug pattern as my 51. Is the hub center hole same or larger?
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 18 | According to info from the first post in this thread the bolt pattern is the same as your 51 but the center hole is larger. I have the same 20" wheels on my 49 1 1/2T.
George
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | The bolt pattern is the same but the hole is 1/2" bigger. They pilot on the hub, so you have to use a 1/4" spacer. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Yep. 4.75",and 5.25" are the diameters in question, larger later. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 | This actually works out perfectly since I'm using a newer Dana 80 from a 95 3500hd truck and newer p30 spindles. Both have the larger center hub. And I would have had to bore out the center on my 20" wheels | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 25 | Happy to report I have the wheels and they fit perfectly!!!
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Great, and just as expected. I have same wheels and axle setup, well my rear is a 70HD but same ends as the 80. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 | Same story on '42-'46 1-1/2 & 2 tons. I made 1/4" spacers to fit the newer rims (I went with 19.5 '98 Chevy's.) The have the same bolt pattern, just the larger hub centric hole. Works great. | | |
| |
| |