| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
135
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,440 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | Hi guys. I have ordered a new door window winding mechanism for the driver side of my 1953 3100. But I dread the blind-by-feel installation process that I think awaits me⦠Does anyone have instructions or diagrams? I couldn't find any on the forum. At least the window jammed in the UP position but I can't get it down or to even move now. Any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 | The install should be the easy part. The 48 to 53 shop manual has a good description of the procedure The 54 door is the same also.. The (in my mind without seeing the problem) fun will be getting the old regulator out. You may have to cut the lift arm to lower the glass before pulling the vent. IIRC the vent frame needs to be out to remove the regulator, and of course to reinstall the glass. Any idea why you can't roll the window down? If the quadrant gear is missing a tooth or two, sometimes pulling down on the glass while someone turns the crank will let you run it down. (You probably tried that). Too bad I'm not close to you, I love a challenge! John
Last edited by tinnerjohn; 07/08/2015 12:04 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | Thanks for the great info, guys. And no, I haven't yet tried pulling down on the glass while a partner cranks. I was all alone today when this happened while driving to town. Will put on rubber gloves and give it a try tomorrow ;-) And John, I wish you lived closer, too! I could use the expertise. Thanks for the photos Brad. Now I know what I'm up against... John | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | Sorry, folks, but I forgot to update this until now. It's all working now but as advised I did have to cut the lift arm to lower the glass and it is definitely not a one-person job to put everything back together! The winding gear had stripped and I replaced the entire assembly. Having patience β and maybe an octopus to help β makes all the difference. Thanks guys for the shop manual link and also the photos. It made a complicated procedure a lot easier. Cheers, John | | |
| |
| |