The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (GDW, ndkid275, Gdads51, ‘37ChevyPU), 137 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I have just returned from the Barrie swap meet and I have seen the new style toeboard/floorboard half panels. They didn't have the lip the is normally present at that joint. In addition, they didn't appear to be very heavy either.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
But heavier than the toe board or floor panels previously available. At least that is my opinion after seeing both.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
I just got a new LMC catalog and was looking at these. I have to admit I am thinking of getting these. They are less expense then buying the toeboard and 2 floor panels. But that is just my 2 cents


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
Just finished installing in a 50 chevy. Very satisfied.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I like the idea of the angle being already set. I would think that there is less chance of things ending up a bit out of place.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rimfire - can you tell us about your instalation? Did you happen to take any pictures along the way?

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 90
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 90
I also just finished installing them in my 53 1/2 ton. I did not use them "whole", but cut what I needed to patch. The corners for the original battery cover had Radii that were too large, thus the cover did not fit right. So I cut around the originals which were still intact.
I was satisfied with the result (It's a driver) and was able to finish with a solid floor. There are some small misc holes missing, but these are easily installed on assembly (most likely a better time for them anyways).

Cheers,
1953 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0