The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Rusty Heaps, TUTS 59, Peggy M, 49choptop, 3 invisible), 115 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,121
Posts1,056,328
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1105317 05/29/2015 1:17 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my '42 and went to assemble the trim around the doors and realized there is a small gap between the two pieces that go up the side and over the top of the doors. There is a small 1/4" gap with a screw hole so I'm assuming I'm missing two pieces of trim. Any idea if that's a fact and where I might be able to find those pieces?

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Yes there should be a small piece of trim to span the gap.
I don't know if anyone sells these.
The piece is easy to make with a pair of tin snips. Then shape it with a vice and pliers to match the other parts.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
This is from my '40 but should be the same.
pic1
pic2
pic3

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
This to me to be the same as the piece that joins the sections of trim that go across the top of the door interior. I seem to remember seeing them for sale in one of the catalogs - Chev's of the 40's, Filling Station, Jin Carter.

Bob


BobS46
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
I found the part that I had seen before - Jim Carter p/n TRC146 - window trim clip. Looks very much like the pics that Dennis had posted.

Bob


BobS46
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Thanks Guys for the pics and part #. Looks simple enough to make.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0