The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (rfs56trk, WingWright, Jon G, Rusted Nut, Woodcmiami), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,260
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1096163 04/08/2015 11:19 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 122
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 122
I have a '61 261 that is developing 40psi running oil pressure. Question is -- is it ok to hook it up to my original '37 dash guage that only goes to 30 psi? Would prefer the dash guage hook up to maintain original look but could live with under dash guage if its going to create problems down the road. Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
I have the original 30 psi gauge in my 50 Chevy that has a 54 235 in it. It stays pegged at 30 psi most of the time except at warm idle but my thinking is that I am only worried about too little pressure - not too much for the gauge.
Mike

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
You can run it as is as Huck suggests. On my 37, with a small block V8, I had the gauge re-calibrated by D&M Restorations which is close by. What ever it reads just double it. When its 15 its 30, if 30 its 60 ect. I get actual pressure plus the look of originality.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
I run my '37 with original gauge and late model 250 engine. When really hot, the oil pressure drops to 25-30, other wise its pegged. I run 5-20 oil. Been running like this over 10,000 miles now.

joe


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0