The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Wayne67vert, J Lucas, Youngin' Tut 59, Gdads51, MickeyP, 32Fordpuchoptop), 151 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,154
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1094661 03/30/2015 4:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
I'm trying to finally re mount my cab it's been off for about 2 years (all done now) my mount kit has 4 rubber squares about 1.5 inch. Do all 4 go in the front. I have the 2 front mount bolts, then it appears there might be a 2nd set of bolt holes on the cab and mounting brace just inside those main mount spots. I don't remember, and the shop Manuel is really basic. Please help.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
Sorry I forgot stats it's going on the older style 1947 thriftmaster 3/4 ton.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
Ok I think I figured it out on my own, I placed 2 square mud flap type rubber pads in the rear between the rear mount and the crossmember. Then I installed the new stoppers I place of the old ones on the rear cross member, these are round and about 2-3 inches tall. I placed 2 more square pads under each front corner mount. I believe the extra holes it the brace on the inside of the corner mount was placed there for water drainage. Who knows. It looks right to me. It bolted up nice. Thanks for looking I just wish someone would have replied back.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Sorry I missed your post, hopefully this will provide you some answers. Here is the assembly diagram for the front mounts both early 47-48 and 49-55 1st Series.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/16807079128/in/set-72157631868452754
The rear mounts are another issue for parts availability with the early trucks as the center shackle and bumpers are not reproduced. These were changed on later trucks due to cracking in the cowl and forward areas.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129350166/in/set-72157631868452754
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129470535/in/set-72157631868452754
The reproduction kit as you can now see is fine for the front but represents a less than purist result for the rears. Some people remove the shackle/bumper combination converting to the rear shackle configuration below, but that is another question.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129510232/in/album-72157631868452754/


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0