| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Ole49GMC),
109
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 20 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 20 | Wrecked my truck yesterday. Lady turned left in front of me and to avoid hitting her I swerved to the left going into the ditch and as I did an oncoming truck hit me on the passenger side. Bed is pushed sideways, rear fender gone, cab is totaled, but all the front is ok. Ten years of work gone. But I am planning to rebuild her if possible. Can someone answer this question for me? I have a access to a good 54 cab. Will it fit on my 52? Can I just bolt my undamaged hood and fenders to it? My frame is ok and I can salvage the bed. The cab will need to be replaced. Any help appreciated. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I am really conscious of things like this when I drive my truck. People so stupid and in such a hurry when driving nowadays. Did you happen to have classic insurance coverage? Sorry I can't help with your AD questions but sure the answers are forth coming.
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 96 Member | | Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 96 | You don't say if you were injured? I hope not. I just had a strange thought. Stovebolt could put up a link for pictures of recently wrecked stovebolts. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many posts. We'd have our own rubber necker forum. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | Krissly, wouldn't wrecked Ferds give us a chuckle? I hate hearing grown folks cry. 
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Krissly,
I'll, um, take that suggestion under advisement. Don't hold your breath, though.
Regards, John
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 20 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 20 | Thanks for your concern, I was not hurt other than a few bruises and sore muscles. All I had was liability so it is going to be tough finding the exta to rebuild. Back to my question. Will a 54 cab fit on my 52 truck? Can I kist bolt my front finders and hood to it? My frame is not bent and I might be able to save the bed, but I think my cab is gone. If any of you have ever made this swap, please let me know. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Metalman said it would fit no problem and I too think that. Scott | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | You'll be giving up that split windshield. I might be wrong, but seems like a friend of mine, who did this some years ago, had to make a few modifications to get the '54 cab he had on the '51 truck he had. I do know for a fact, that the '54 frame is different, than the earlier Advance Design truck frames. We all know the bed is not the same. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 | I may be wrong but I thought besides the windshield difference, that the cab mounting systems were different between these 2 years...maybe look at parts vendor catalogs for the cab mounts on both to see if use same mounts? | | |
| |
| |