| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (RLB),
119
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 71 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 71 | Any experience/suggestions on what to use to finish my running boards? (49 1/2 ton) Even with step plates and polyurethane auto paint, they will get skuffed and scratched. I was thinking about trying a textured epoxy finish. Ideas are welcome. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | powder coating? imron?
Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | How about the stuff they spray in pickup beds - spray on pick up bed liner? They have it in colors now. I've seen it used on the backside of bumpers to finish off the look of a bumper on cars or trucks that don't have gravel pans between the bumpers and the body. It looks pretty good and it is tough stuff!
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | I had mine powder coated. But it all depends on how your going to use it. If your just going to use it occasionally I wouldn't worry to much about what finish you put on them. Just put on whatever YOU like. But, if it's going to be a daily driver you had better go with the rough tough finish. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 55 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 55 | I used Herculiner bed liner on my runningboards, and on the bed strips, since i had a set of new mild steel ones i didn't want to waste. Used black color....Looks good, wears great, no slipping! $90 for the dit with roller, brusch, etc. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 25 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 25 | I used bed liner on the boards of my 40 chev sedan. the origional finish was a rubber type of material that looked like it was moulded on to the boards. The bed liner looks great and lets the ribs of the board show. This was done about four years and 50 thousand miles ago. Still looks great and is easy to look after. The guy that did the spraying made the texture so it ended up with a smooth finish compared to some boxes I have seen. Check with a local business and ask if they can "reduce the lumpiness of the material". You will be pleasantly surprised with what can be done. My cost was $100 Canadian. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | "Hammered" finish paint..
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I have used polyurethane and watched the scratches multiply. I did a set with Imron about 15 years ago with a dark metalic gun metal gray. Turned out great and didn't scratch noticeably. | | |
| |
| |