The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (mick53, 1955 1 Series, klhansen, Shade Baby), 101 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
I am converting my 65 C10 6 cylinder 230 over to power steering. Anybody out there that can tell me what the correct part numbers are for the system pieces? Pulleys,pump and steering box.
Also would like to know of a website that I can get history of my truck using its VIN #


Thanks,
KB

Last edited by KB65chevy; 01/14/2015 5:58 AM.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
KB,
First welcome to the pages.
As to the VIN, look in the TECH TIPS and then IDENTIFYING YOUR TRUCK section. There are a few vin busting resources.

As far as power steering go to the 60-66 forum and look for the thread (2ish weeks ago, 12/31/14) titled 60-66 resources. Linked in many of my saved bookmarks. Additionally WOOGEROO restarted his thread linking in his web page with many resource materials. The power steering parts should be in there somewhere. Finally, Tony, from 456 chevy trucks fabricates the brackets and has the whole package (I believe).
Give those a look and then come back to us if more specifics are required.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
Thanks for your help, I'll take a look at that.....

KB65Chevy

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
I'm in Oklahoma at the present, and have to make a stop in Ks. before I


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
Head back home to Georgia. I have everything you need to do the install for the power steering on a 230, and can send you some pictures to go with it. I've since pulled the 230 out of my truck and installed a 350. You will be asking yourself how did you ever do without power steering when it's done.
Tramp


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
I have a 64 that I'm converting to power steering. I got all components from 76 C10. Everything bolts up (after getting a mounting kit for the steering gear on e-bay). The issue I'm having is finding an idler arm that will mate with the center link. The original arm pin is too small for the newer center link. The arm from the newer mounting is different, It's at an angle versus straight up and down. Anyone with some advice?


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0