The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1089496 03/05/2015 12:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Can anyone send me a couple of pics of the head liner installed in a '41. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this with a minimum of cussing and throwing things would be appreciated.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Sorry it is a '41 not '42...started cocktail hour!

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
pps
who should I get the liner from/

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I got the cardboard one piece liner, with lots of cussing discussing and then finally quitting I threw it away and made my own. It turned out nice with no cussing at all. Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
What I did was form the tight bends on each end before you install. I have some pictures toeard the middle of the photos. I kept increasing the bend each day for a week. I had the two piece liner for a 46. I secured it strating from the center and worked toward each side.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Gerry,

Below are the gory details of my venture with the cardboard headliner. Never again.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1008305&page=1

I went with a fiberglass headliner from Classic Chevy, I think all vendors sell the same part manufactured by Repops (sp?). Installation was still a little tedious, but I am very happy with the results.

Paul

BTW, did you ever get your rear window retainer?


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 73
Sounds like fiberglass is the way to go. As for the rear window I ended up piecing two broken frames to make one. Reinforced the insides with some split tubing and epoxied it. Pretty pleased with the outcome.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0