The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Mike'sPlace, Eileen, 78buckshot, Maybellene), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
A friend of mine stopped over a couple of days ago. I showed him some of my "Photobucket" pic's/vid's,and bought my T.F.6500,sight unseen! I really wasn't planning on selling it,but the price was right,and now I'm looking for another project,possibly a 3/4-1-ton, (Chevy/G.M.C.)'46-'65. I'll miss my '55,but it's not a "city" truck. It belongs on a farm,where it will get more exercise,which is better than sitting 350 days of the year. Thanks to all of you! Without your help, my truck would still be a "Basket-Case",instead of a "Profit"!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Larger trucks are fun to own, but not really very practical. A 1 ton or less is a lot more fun to take for a spin. I have at least about a dozen larger trucks. Except for the ones with air brakes, none of them have brakes. I have totally redid the brakes on a couple of them including the hydravac and a year later I have no brakes. But I enjoy looking at the larger ones and tinkering on them here and then because trucks have been my life for over 50 years. If you made a profit, you were really lucky. Most projects turn out to be money pits.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
Thanks for ALL of your help,Kenneth!!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
You're going to miss her...just saying!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
I have the perfect 41/42 COE project for you!!!


Randy Domeck
Indianapolis Fabrications
[email protected]
Indianapolis, In. 46254
317-258-0039

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
I'll miss "Her",Mike! but "She"'s better off on a farm,than "stuck" in the city. Thanks,but no thanks,Randy! I'm looking for a 1/2-1-ton,so I may use it as a "daily driver". It was nice meeting you,and I MUST say,I'm quite impressed with your "replicated Whizzer" motorized bicycle! I hope ALL goes well for you,and THANKS for the 2-ton disc brake kits! Sounds like the members who ordered them,are quite pleased with the finished product! Hope your back feels better,SOON!!

Last edited by wetwilly5757; 03/03/2015 6:38 PM.

Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,081
Bill,

We'll add this to the Gallery page. See if the new guy wants to put his name on your sheet. Maybe he has something to add about the truck also.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
Sorry to hear your letting her go. But now you can start a new adventure.


1955 Chevy 6400 2-Ton
LewyBoys' Garage
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
Thanks!! It was nice meeting you,too,and PLEASE keep us posted on your progress!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
Yeah you will miss her, but she will always be in you memories! Will also come up in conversation from time to time! I had to let my G.M.C. go for kinda the same reason.....Too Big, property too small!

Congrats on the new project! Looks like it will provide plenty of entertainment!!!! Have fun and enjoy!


Stranger
Frank in Iowa

1955 Second Series Chevrolet Shortbox NAPCO with a Rockwell Transfer Case
"Mater's Cousin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
Thanks,Frank!! We'll still have to get together,hopefully sometime this Summer! I'd love to see your 4X4!! Thanks,Peggy!! New owner's already talking about selling "'Tater" for a couple thousand more than he paid!! All I can say to that is:"GOOD-LUCK"!!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0