The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI), 87 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,706
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
On my retro Good Humor truck, I have the 235 single exhaust.Theres a bracket comes down with a slot and a bolt hole on it. I believe this holds the round exhaust pipe. Using a half circle clamp the one end goes in the slot and the other end is secured at the bolt end.Does any one have a picture of it? Right now I`m using my old exhaust setup. Plan on buying a Waldron exhaust setup. Steve D

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s554/icecreamman55/005_zpsma0um9cl.jpg[/IMG]

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
I'm just using a big hose clamp
...pic...

I think denny has an original set up
...Denny's web site...

Two pictures above are off 50's.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
Gus, looks like we have the same muffler style.Like the glass pack.I`m going with the standard truck muffler from Waldron exhaust. None of the vendors carry the complete setup. I did find similar setup from Scott Walker and ordered the kit.The strap loops in the one side of the slot and wraps under the muffler to the hook and under the muffler and the bolt tightens up the strap.So the muffler is tight against the support.
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums...y%20strap%20to%20muffler_zpsawh6ss3s.jpg[/IMG][/URL]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums...k%20strap%20to%20muffler_zpsj54zlnv5.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Steve D; 02/22/2015 8:19 PM. Reason: added pic
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
do you have that part number for the kit?


Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
Gus, (walker 35745 Exhaust Muffler Strap) summit racing has it for $12.00 comes with two hooks and the strap. I`m not sure if the strap is long enough , it looks to be and I did order one. Very simple design.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s554/icecreamman55/wlk-35745_xl_zpsd4jgx4z7.jpg


Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
thanks

that looks alot better than a hose clamp


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0