| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3B, Bill Hanlon, TooMany2count, Otto Skorzeny, Peggy M, GDW, 1 invisible),
114
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,460 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | I just bought this truck and wanted to show you guys. It was built for the Washington state Forestry service but I bought it in NW Arkansas. I know it will hurt some feelings but I am going to re-chassis it and build a dually pickup. Whoever built the cab used parts that I think are from a suburban or panel. So I am hoping some of you will agree so I can find patch panels for the rusty areas in the rockers. I also bought a 9 foot bed off a 47 chevy to use for the dually bed so now I have got to build or buy some fenders. I would like for some of the burban and panel guys to look at it and I may post in that section as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just look in my bucket to see all the pics. Thanks Brad photobucket photobucket
Last edited by Ameritowruston; 01/25/2015 11:42 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 217 I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants | | I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 217 | I just see a pic of that truck on Facebook. Ray Stanley makes great sheet metal parts. The lower rear rocker & lower door repair areas are the same parts. Rear door is custom made for those trucks since they are a coach shop built trucks for the Railroad/Forestry/Military. I would think though that the door guts/runners & etc are all the same as in a normal truck....joe
~ Joe Donate Blood, Plasma, Platelets and Sign Your DONORS CARD. The Life You SAVE Might Be Someone You Know and LOVE. Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. ~ Arthur C. Clarke | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | Nice find!! your "Dually Pick-up" idea sounds good,to me! no feelings hurt here!
Last edited by wetwilly5757; 01/26/2015 3:33 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | At least the left rear window does roll down. I imagine it would get hot in the back otherwise. Thanks Guys for the kind words I now just have to find parts for it. That may be way easier said then done. Thanks Brad | | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 37 | I would like to know what they used it for if it was all ways this wheelbase. It will be a cool truck and my fillings will be ok as long as the tires are under the fenders. As for the door being on the right side i said something about this to a mother about her van that had them both sides. If i had a van and small kids i would weld the left side rear door shut. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | I was told the truck was used to haul a bulldozer on a pintle hitch trailer. Thanks Brad | | |
| |
| |