| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I have finally obtained a C25 (mixed gas) cylinder for my MIG. My wife gave it to me for my birthday yesterday. Now that was great! Anyway it is too large (125 cubic ft) to fit the little cart that came with my Lincoln weldpack. I have looked at the various welding carts on eBay and have my eye on one for $29.99 plus shipping.
My question is this. Has anyone used one of these and will it hold up to the load of a 125-139 CF cylinder (+100 lbs) plus welder? This one is even cheaper than one at Harbor Freight. Should I steer clear or will it do the job?
I know you get what you pay for most of the time but that new oil well I drilled in the back yard came in dry and I don't want to push my wife too far on the tool expenses. I certainly cannot see spending upwards of $100 for a cart. I can fab one cheaper. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 194 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 194 | Follow your own advice in the last sentence of your post. You have the welder, you can fab for way less than buying one.  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 | Originally posted by afu45: Follow your own advice in the last sentence of your post.
You have the welder, you can fab for way less than buying one. With the price rise of steel today, it maybe cheaper to buy one  . But then again, if you can't afford to buy steel, then there's no reason to own a welder  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 37 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 37 | KC Mongo---I like the wheel chair idea---thats great!!
"Boop-Boop-a-doop"
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Well I tried to kick the panhandler on the corner out of his wheelchair yesterday and got booped on the head by his cardboard sign. I guess I will try to find some 2 inch angle and fab one up using the rest of the flux core wire on the machine and the 11 ga I have laying around. I found a good example to copy in an old Northern Tool catalog.
Thanks for the replies. | | |
| |
| |