The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (FishinToms53, klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, Southerntruck), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,646
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108044 05/05/2004 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have finally obtained a C25 (mixed gas) cylinder for my MIG. My wife gave it to me for my birthday yesterday. Now that was great! Anyway it is too large (125 cubic ft) to fit the little cart that came with my Lincoln weldpack. I have looked at the various welding carts on eBay and have my eye on one for $29.99 plus shipping.

My question is this. Has anyone used one of these and will it hold up to the load of a 125-139 CF cylinder (+100 lbs) plus welder? This one is even cheaper than one at Harbor Freight. Should I steer clear or will it do the job?

I know you get what you pay for most of the time but that new oil well I drilled in the back yard came in dry and I don't want to push my wife too far on the tool expenses. I certainly cannot see spending upwards of $100 for a cart. I can fab one cheaper.

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 194
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 194
Follow your own advice in the last sentence of your post.

You have the welder, you can fab for way less than buying one. grin

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
My suggestion, pick up some pieces and build one yourself, it's great practice and you can build one that really suits your needs.

[img]http://www.mongosgarage.com/weldingcart/100_1590s.jpg[/img]
$25 Used wheel chair.
$10 for a couple sticks of 1X1 tubing.
$0 for some old metal shelves I dumpster dove.
Thread with more pics of mine..

MONGO


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
Quote
Originally posted by afu45:
Follow your own advice in the last sentence of your post.

You have the welder, you can fab for way less than buying one. grin
With the price rise of steel today, it maybe cheaper to buy one frown .

But then again, if you can't afford to buy steel, then there's no reason to own a welder grin

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 37
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 37
KC Mongo---I like the wheel chair idea---thats great!!


"Boop-Boop-a-doop"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I tried to kick the panhandler on the corner out of his wheelchair yesterday and got booped on the head by his cardboard sign. I guess I will try to find some 2 inch angle and fab one up using the rest of the flux core wire on the machine and the 11 ga I have laying around. I found a good example to copy in an old Northern Tool catalog.

Thanks for the replies.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0