| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 | I'm going to try and use some photo's, so hopefully this works. I am putting my clutch linkage together, and where the pivot ball meets the frame bracket, is a little backwards to me. The frame bracket has an "L" shaped slot, after the pivot ball thread is installed, there is a small stamped out piece with a round square hole in it. The pictures that I see of this, shows the stamped piece running horizontal, but it seems to work better with it vertical. I also assume that the 2 little fingers that are on the stamped piece, should be bent over into the hole at the corner of the "L" slot in the frame bracket. With it vertical, I see no use for the Horizontal leg of the "L" slot. I know I'm making more of this than it is, but it's just one of those things that seems way over engineered to me. Thank you for your help. http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/rps2657/library/?view=recent&page=1 | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | EDIT: Your spacer, or also called locking washer, is 90 deg off. Turn it 90 CCW. I believe the short bent leg goes vertical into the long vertical slot. That would put the shaft into the rearward slot. Then star washer and nut on threaded shaft. Bend one small ear, on the lock washer, up to lock the nut.(whichever one is parallel to a flat on the nut or both up).
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | That locking tab is very important. It keeps the ball stud from coming forward under pressure. It seems without it regardless how tight you get it, it will slip foreward throwing the clutch out of adjustment. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 |
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 293 | Thank you for your help, makes perfect sense now. I took lots of pic's when I took it apart, but it did not have the stamped metal part in it. Thank you again. | | |
| |
| |